If you’re a big gift giver, these gifts may do more than just please the giftee. This is the ultimate list of gifts that keep on giving – for a good cause.
- Everlane’s 100% Human Collection. If you buy a t-shirt, tank, or hoodie, $5 from the purchase of each product will go to the American Civil Liberties Union to continue to fight for our civil liberties. I personally love the tanks with 100% HUMAN On them.
- Conscious Step Socks: The Men’s Planet Collection supports the movement to combat deforestation, protect our environment, and repopulate our oceans. They also have the Men’s Planetarium Collection, which supports to end malaria, prevent the transmission of HIV, and provide much-needed disaster relief. How can you go wrong?!
- Wild Fang: Wild Fang has a collection that donates 1% to a charity. Check out the Wild Feminist collection for some great sales that are currently going on.
- Cause Box: If you’re a subscription box lover and love surprises, get this box! Every season, members receive a limited edition curation of products from the leading socially conscious brands.
- TisBest Charity: Give a gift card that gives back to charity. Allow your giftee to choose the charity they want money to go to! This gift is definitely the most practical if you want to start having people around thinking of “others.”
- Toms: Toms are well known for giving back and they give shoes to millions of children in need. You can’t go wrong with a pair of Toms for most travelers and people on the go. On top of that, you can also send a letter to your representative to end gun violence through them!
- If you have a friend that’s a huge activist and into Human Rights/LGBTQ, get a gift straight from the Human Rights Campaign shop. They have great apparel, pins, hats, sweaters/hoodies, jewelry, socks, and more.
- State Bags: Give one. Get one. For every backpack you buy, one fully-stocked backpack is hand-delivered to a child in need. The bags are super cute and durable too! The nylon one is cute. I also love the ones made of smooth buttery leather.
- Same Sky: Purchase beautifully hand-crafted jewelry from artisans in Rwanda are sold here. All net proceeds (100%) are reinvested to train and employ more artisans in need. They have a truly beautiful story so take a look!
- Pure Vida Bracelets: started from a backpacking trip to Costa Rica with two friends bought 400 simple and colorful bracelets back to California and they sold quickly – leading to a business that helps the artisans in Costa Rica. “Pura Vida” means “pure life” in Spanish, a Costa Rican philosophy that encourages the appreciation of life’s simple treasures. Slowing things down, celebrating good fortune, and refusing to take anything for granted embodies this laid-back lifestyle. “Pura Vida” means living life to the fullest. It’s more than just a saying… it’s a lifestyle. They also design bracelets for a cause (Charity Collection) and 10% of the net profits go to that charity!
I hope you enjoyed my small list of gifts that give back! ‘Tis the season of giving. I also have a list of gifts for digital nomads if you’re interested. 🙂