I get a kick out of learning and reading about Eastern & Western Astrology and dabbled in Wicca when I was younger (just reading books about it, etc) so it was only time that I got interested in healing stones/crystals.
Crystal healing works of a variety of levels, but fundamentally, all are linked to vibration. Einstein proved that all matter is energy, and everything in our world vibrates at a certain frequency: for example, the Planet Earth vibrates at 194.18 Hz, and the musical note Middle C is 261.63 Hz. (source)
Crystal healing is based on the well-known chakra system. Chakras emit and receive energetic vibrations to and from the outside world, and also help to move life force energy (aka Prana” in Sanskrit or “Chi (Qi)” in Chinese) —along the body’s meridians.
Practices such as acupuncture, Shiatsu and yoga also rely on the meridian system. Healing crystals bring certain energies into your personal energy field (aura).
I prefer tumbled or pocket stones as they’re called. You can put them in a small pouch and carry them in your purse, briefcase, or your car. Every month or so, they must be cleansed to restore their “energy.” I also use them as aids in meditation – it gives me something to focus on besides my breath or mantra.
+ My personal pouch contains the following stones:
- Tiger’s eye: This golden colored gemstone with a silky luster is said to bring protection from negative energy as well as insight into complex situation. Being a “tiger’s eye – it helps to focus the mind, dispels fears, and promotes mental clarity.
- Pink Rhodochrosite: is a strong heart chakra stone and as usual, vibrates with love energy. It is a strong stone to aid emotional self healing. It encourages you to feel love for yourself. Its energy will assist you in meditation to reach a better state of joy, inner love and happiness but may also bring deep forgotten memories to the surface for healing.
- Amethyst: A common healing stone. It is known for calming and cooling your emotions. I also have a piece of amethyst sitting on my bookshelf to help clear the energy in the house.
- Lapis Lazuli: Is a powerful stone with its deep blue color. The energy of deep calmness and cosmic wisdom. It’s a stone that “soothes my (aquarius) moon” according to western astrology. It helps to bring matters up to the truth. I like to meditate using this stone for truth and tiger’s eye for mental clarity.
- Rose quartz: This popular stone is love & healing – especially matters of the heart. What kinda gal would I be without this stone?
- Moonstone: This stone reflects the wearer or carrier. It shows everything “as is.” Being a moonstone, it is most powerful to wear, carry, or meditate during a full moon. It allows you to understand yourself – a sort of mirror. Provides emotional balance; alleviates PMS, brings positive change and increase intuition.
- Hematite: Hematite comes from the Greek word for blood. It has a very strong grounding energy; you can feel that just by holding the stone in your hand. It also has a cooling and calming effect, as well as helps develop concentration and focus. Overall, hematite brings a quality of energy that is powerful, strong and grounding.