Mercury Retrograde is coming up!
If you have any interest in astrology and the way our mystical planets work, then you know that Mercury Retrograde comes about 3x a year and it is when the planet appears to slows down, and appears to stop (station) and move backward (retrograde). It’s an optical illusion, since there is forward movement, like speeding by a slow-moving train — as it recedes, it appears to go backward.
This year, the first time it comes around is February 7-March 1 (early pisces/late aquarius)
In mythology and astrology, Mercury is the ruler of communication and travel, so watch out for things like your electronics having issues or going on the fritz, e-mails being delayed or not sent. Text messages might be totally misconstrued to mean something else to the receiver vs. the sender.
+There might be some mis-communication within relationships (work, love, or friendship) like who was supposed to buy the milk this time.
+ Avoid big contracts and signing on the dotted line during this time as well!
+ Travel: Double and triple-check travel arrangements – fight times, arrivals/departures, delays, baggage fees/allowances, changes in all the above. If you get any flight delays – the solution is to just accept it and stop by the airport bar and grab yourself that martini or a cold glass of beer. This kind of solution is what I do anytime regardless of Mercury Retrograde but the point is not to fret too much over it. 🙂
Things to do during Mercury Retrograde:
- Tie up loose ends: Clean our that junk drawer + tackle the last few items on that major To-Do list + finish cleaning out that wardrobe closet
- Get together with old friends and spend some time catching up!
- Revise + edit: Your resume/CV is a good example
- Revamp your personal living space –> maybe new artwork // putting photos in frames // getting that potted plant
- Rest & Rejuvenate: Time to get that massage or manicure/pedicure and just relax
- Yoga: my favorite pose is the Corpse Pose (savasana) because you literally just lay there on the ground and pretend you’re dead while feeling accomplished